When we first went paleo, our whole family was craving pizza! But every recipe I tried was really complex. To make it simple, we now rely on Simple Mills pizza crust (also available at Whole Foods) and add a lot of savory toppings. Finding the Simple Mills line was a major game changer for us! In addition to the pizza crust, they have banana muffins, pancake mix, and a few others muffins and breads. This pizza recipe is dairy-free, so no cheese... but we don't even miss it! Of course, if you can tolerate dairy, you could add some raw, grass-fed mozzarella.
- Simple Mills Pizza Crust Mix: Plus Apple Cider Vinegar, Olive Oil, Water
- Applegate Farms Pepperoni
- Whole Foods 365 Chicken Sausage
- Olive Oil
- Red Onions, sliced
- Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Fresh Basil
- Green Onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 can Organic Pizza Sauce (365 Whole Foods)
- OR Homemade Pizza Sauce: Ingredients include Olive Oil, Tomato Paste, Garlic, Basil, Thyme, Rosemary, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
Make the crust per instructions on the Simple Mills box: Mix pizza dough ingredients and cook on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, While waiting, make pizza sauce (recommended - it's so good) or use the jar. And Brown the chicken sausage and cook thoroughly. Also slice the red onions and sauté briefly with the minced garlic in for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Add spinach and sauté just to coat.
Remove the crust from the oven after 5 minutes and add sauce and pepperoni, chicken sausage, red onions/spinach/garlic. (Top liberally. When you leave off the cheese, you need LOTS of toppings) Cook on cookie sheet until crust is crispy. Remove and add shredded basil and chopped green onions if desired.