I am gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and corn free. (And our whole family is GF!) I often get the question, “Well, what do you eat?” The answer is everything else (which is A LOT), but the reality is that where I eat is often the bigger challenge.
Dining out on a restricted diet can be hard and frankly a little scary at times. But thankfully, we’ve found some great restaurants here in Dallas that make our experience not only easier but so enjoyable!
Here’s my go-to list:
- Mudhen – This is my favorite restaurant in Dallas not only because the food and staff are awesome, but because of it’s versatility. It’s got the best patio and is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, kids or no kids, a date night… whatever. Chef Suki is so talented and creative and I feel like I’m not missing out on a thing. My Mudhen Favorites: A BYOBowl with pulled pork or beef and bison meatloaf, collard greens, and sweet potato chips. I also love the Pork Poutine and the Burger with a GF bun. And the Carnivore Scramble is delicious for breakfast! No matter what meal, ending with the (dairy free) chocolate mousse is a must.
- Origin – Comes in a close second. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all amazing! My Origin Favorites: Wake-Up Omelette, Burger with a GF Bun (or without a bun) with fries, the Regular Salad, Malanga Chips and Salsa, and the Hash Bowl. Also, all of their infused vodkas are made with potato vodka. Yay!
- Start – Drive-thru gluten free, awesome kids menu, and super kid-friendly… Start is definitely one of our favorites!
- Hopdoddy – Their GF bun is so good and made in-house (unlike most restaurants that source from Local Oven) and their fries are GF. The burger is great bun-less as well!
- Mellow Mushroom – A friend of mine jokes that you can’t have pizza without the gluten and cheese, but I wholeheartedly disagree. I think MM makes an awesome GF pizza and they take it seriously with a separate work area and all necessary precautions. They do offer Daiya dairy free cheese but it contains soy so I prefer to order my pizza cheese-less. Fireside Pies, Penne Pomodoro, and Coal Vines all have GF pizzas as well.
- Snap Kitchen – Gluten free take-out! They also have a lot of paleo options.
- True Food – Gluten free options and organic wines.
- HG Sply Co – Love HG! If you are soy free, you need to be careful as they use Bragg’s Liquid Aminos in most dishes. Be sure to inform your waiter.
- Modern Market – Kids eat free on Sunday evenings.
- Kozy Kitchen – Great breakfast options.
- Unleavened – Everything on the menu is available on a GF wrap or as a salad and kids eat free every single night.
- Sundown at the Granada – They use Unrefined GF pizza dough on their pizzas and have other great GF options on the menu.
- Chipotle – While I don’t eat corn, my kids do and I appreciate that all of their corn is non-GMO and they’re chicken is antibiotic free.
- Little Katana – This is our favorite sushi spot. Just ask for a waiter that’s knowledgeable about the menu and they can help you with GF options. Also, I bring my own coconut aminos to use as “soy sauce” but they also have Tamari (wheat free soy sauce).
- Mi Cocina – MC has a GF menu. The white rice is GF (the orange rice is not). As I don’t eat corn, I bring my own chips, and they don’t mind. 🙂